Terms & Conditions
‘The Company’ and ‘Seller’ means New Edge Interiors(Retail) Ltd .
‘Buyer’ and ‘Customer’ means the person who accepts a quotation from the Seller, for the sale of the Goods or agrees to buy the Goods from the Seller.
‘Goods’ means the Tiles and other products which the Buyer agrees to purchase from the Seller.
‘Stock Items’ are products that are classified on our Web site as standard items and are in stock.
‘Non-Stock items’ or ‘Special Products’ are products that are classified on our Web site as non-standard items or those that are Out of Stock.
‘Order’ and ‘Contract’ means the Order or Contract for the sale and purchase of the Goods between the Buyer and the Seller.
‘Price’ means the price for the Goods excluding where applicable, carriage, packaging, insurance and Value Added Tax.
‘In writing’ means a communication by postal letter, email, facsimile and any comparable means of communication.
The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
- The Company have produced the website to service our Mainland United Kingdom Customers. If you are located overseas, please contact our Customer Services Team on 0121 709 0901 or email@example.com for further information.
- The Company may revise and update these Terms & Conditions, at any time and without prior notification.
- The Company make full size sample tiles available at discounted prices (and promotional free and/or cut size samples) with free delivery, therefore, a restriction is in place regarding the number of sample tiles a Customer may order of one style/type/colour. We always recommend ordering tile samples prior to purchasing to see their true beauty, finish and texture. All our tiles have the option to order a sample online, choose from any of our 11,000 tiles to receive a full size sample. We offer full size samples with free delivery or completely free cut samples with free delivery*. There are a maximum overall limit of 3 samples per order. Some exclusions apply: Mosaic Tile samples sent as 1/4 of a mosaic sheet, Splashback samples sent as 100x100mm tiles, Olde Victorian Tile designs sent at 10% of Sqm. Larger Tiles +600x600mm are not offered as free, but full size at a discounted per tile price, with free delivery. Individual Scrabble Tiles are excluded. Please note: Sample tiles under 300x100mm will be sent full size and not cut.
Place your full order with us and we’ll refund the cost of your samples. This makes samples effectively free! Find your unique one-time use sample refund code within your order confirmation email or on your order confirmation page.
- A Customer may only order 1 sample tile of any style, colour or type, but may order as many different styles, types and colours as they choose. Please note that a minimum order value for full sample tiles is in place and a maximum number of samples ordered per customer, please refer to the Samples page for additional information.
- Where sheets of Mosaic tiles are requested, these will be supplied in sheets ¼ size.
- We despatch our samples and small order consignments through appointed carriers, who may be able to advise you delivery information, direct to you, by SMS text messaging. When placing your order, please provide wherever possible, a mobile telephone number, as this will improve the level of service our delivery partners are able to provide to you. Please note – Due to shading variation caused by stock turnover, Sample tiles are exempt from our returns policy and are strictly non-refundable.
- The Companies catalogues, price list, website and other advertising material shall not form any part of any contract between the Buyer and the Company.
- Any information or description of the goods appearing in the Sellers catalogues, brochures and other publications is believed to be correct and current, but is not warranted by the Seller, in so far as any such publication has been compiled from information supplied to the Seller, either by the manufacturer or supplier of the goods. The Seller accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any such information or description.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing all prices quoted are exclusive of VAT. Quotations are valid for 30 Days from date of issue.
- Whilst we try to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible to give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If the Company take the action to cancel the order, for standard stock items and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
- Prices are subject to alteration without prior notification and shall not be binding on the Seller.
- Each Contract between the Seller and the Buyer will consist of the Order, the Terms and Conditions and such other specific terms as the two parties shall agree in writing.
- The Company accepts most major Credit & Debit Card payments via our on-line website. These payments are Credit checked and final payment authorisation given, via appointed and accredited 3rd Party Credit Agencies (e.g. Sage Pay, PayPal, Amazon Pay etc.). The Company cannot take any responsibility for the non-authorisation of on-line payments howsoever caused or for any subsequent delay in delivery, when authorisation is queried or additional Credit checking processes are involved.
- Credit Checking routines require that the Debit or Credit Card used, is registered to the appropriate person (Buyer). Should the credit authorisation fail, the Company reserve the sole right to employ additional Credit checking measures in order to confirm or qualify the authenticity of the Buyer. The Company cannot accept any liability for any delay, or cost incurred by the Buyer as a result of a delay in the Credit authorisation process.
- If Payments are declined or queried by the appointed and accredited 3rd Party Credit checking agency, the Company reserve the sole right to employ additional Credit checking measures in order to confirm or qualify the authenticity of the Buyer. The Company cannot accept any liability for any delay, or cost incurred by the Buyer as a result of a delay in the Credit authorisation process.
- In the event that the express Terms of a contract are in conflict with any Conditions, the Conditions shall prevail.
- As the number of tiles per square yard and square metre is nominal, the Buyer will be responsible for ensuring sufficient quantity of tiles are ordered.
- See ‘Voucher Codes’ section below.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between the Buyer and the Company will take place upon the despatch to the Buyer of the products ordered, unless we have notified you that we will not accept your order, or you have cancelled it.
- Orders are accepted and promises for delivery given, conditionally upon our being able to secure the necessary material and /or goods and without responsibility for delays arising through risks and uncertainties of manufacture, strike, accidents, or other causes beyond our direct control.
- Payment for the goods shall in itself constitute an acceptance of and agreement to these general Terms & Conditions.
- The Company reserves the right not to supply the Buyer at the Companies sole discretion.
Product Quality / Warranty
- The supply of goods does not mean that they are suitable for a specific installation. The Company can only be held responsible for any failure against products supplied, to the extent that the manufacturer of such products is prepared to guarantee the same. No tiles are guaranteed against crazing. All tiles are susceptible to impact damage and this is unrelated to the wearing grade. Tiles can wear and must be protected against grit, movement of appliances and items being dropped on the surface. No tiles are guaranteed against chipping or mis-use.
- Some variations in size, shape, manufacturing tolerance, shading and pattern are inherent in the manufacture of tiles and therefore the Seller accepts no liability. All Natural Stone goods are supplied subject to natural colour and shade variations. Tile names, images and sizes displayed are nominal and only represent a guide to the actual style, colour and size of a tile. Variations in texture, shade and size can occur from that which is advertised. Individual monitor setting can also exaggerate the appearance of a colour. The Company recommends that a sample is purchased prior to the main order. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that tiles are of an acceptable shade and size, and satisfactory for their situation.
- It is the responsibility of the Tiler or Tradesperson to use where possible, goods from a variety of separate boxes to ensure that any batch, colour, shading and quality variances are minimised.
- Any fault, quality or shading issue with the tiles supplied will remain the responsibility of the manufacturer. The Company will accept no responsibility for further or subsequent loss or expense, if the tiles are faulty, or not to the acceptance of the Buyer. Any such issues will be passed to the manufacturers, whereby any claims will become solely the manufacturer’s liability, disclaimers or notes printed on boxes or packaging will become the responsibility of the Buyer to read and accept, prior to use or fixing.
- Any claim by the Buyer, which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods, or their failure to correspond with specification, shall (whether or not the delivery is refused, by the Buyer) be expected to notify the Seller in writing, within 2 working days, from delivery. If delivery is refused and the Buyer does not notify the Seller accordingly, the Seller shall have no liability for such defect or failure and the Buyer shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered in accordance with the Contract.
- Each tile should be carefully examined individually before fixing. Fixing of the tiles constitutes acceptance of their quality. New Ede Interiors accepts no liability for faulty installation work, or the quality or correctness of the tiles once fixed. As far as the law permits, liability is limited to replacement of faulty items or a refund of their cost and excludes any consequential loss, including the cost of removal and refixing.
- The Company offer a wide range of special protection, cleaning and maintenance products manufactured by a variety of different suppliers. Every care should be taken when using these products to ensure that they are appropriate for the product and location involved. Customers are requested to refer to the manufacturer’s website and to fully read and adhere to the manufacturer’s usage and application guideline instructions before use. Additionally, it is recommended that Customers should apply a small sample to a test area to ensure suitability, before proceeding with the main project. The Company are unable to accept any responsibility or liability for costs incurred through the use/mis-use of these products, howsoever caused. Ceramic tiles often absorb moisture from the adhesive used to fix them. Discoloration can occur when moisture is absorbed . Tiles need to fully dry before grouting which can take days in some circumstance.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
- The Company cannot, under any circumstances accept any financial demands from the Buyer for late delivery, incorrect supply of goods, or incorrect delivery. The Company respectfully recommends that the Buyer does not book a Tiler or Tradesman, until the goods have been delivered to the desired location, signed for and quality checked. The risk in relation to the goods passes to the Buyer at the point of physical delivery, at the time of delivery.
- Time shall not be of the essence. The Company shall not be liable to the Buyer, or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or if any failure to perform, was due to any cause beyond the Companies reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded, although not exclusively, as causes beyond the Companies control; Act of God, Explosion, Flood, Tempest, Adverse Weather conditions, Fire or Accident, Traffic delays/Road works, War or threat of War, Sabotage, Civil Unrest, Import / Export regulations and embargoes, Fuel availability, Strikes, Industrial action, Raw material availability, Power failure or disruptions and breakdowns in vehicles or machinery.
- The Company offer a wide range of standard and special delivery services in conjunction with our own transport and third party contractors. Due to Health & Safety / Insurance reasons we are only able to offer a Kerbside Delivery Service* – we cannot commit that Drivers will enter a Customers property. Whilst every effort will be made to deliver goods in line with the desired, requested or committed service, the Company do not accept responsibility for any delay, cost, or consequential loss, how so ever caused for a failed or late delivery. Please note that our general Delivery Service and those of our delivery Partners may involve deliveries being completed between the hours of 7am to 6pm
*Kerbside Delivery Service : Whilst every effort will be made to deliver your product to the nearest available delivery point, hazards or obstructions e.g. steps, lifts, uneven or gravel paths / driveways may necessitate the delivery being made to an alternative location nearest to the delivery vehicle.
- The Company reserve the right to utilise a variety of transportation services to deliver the goods. Every effort will be made to deliver to the desired and requested point of delivery. However, in circumstances where it is not practical or possible to complete the delivery in this manner, the delivery will be made to an alternative location, appointed and notified to the Company by the Customer, in advance, or to the nearest available location adjacent to the point of delivery.
- For the purpose of general appreciation / association, the vehicle making the delivery is likely in most cases, to be the comparative size of a Fire Engine, or slightly larger. It is the Buyers responsibility to notify the Company of any circumstances that may affect the delivery of goods using a vehicle of this size. i.e. Parking restrictions, “Red Routes”, Vehicular access due to height or width, Narrow roads, Road works, Gravel or uneven driveways, Building sites, High rise apartments (with or without lifts) etc. Failure to communicate relevant information to the Company prior to delivery may result in additional costs for the re-supply being incurred by the Buyer and may also increase the re-delivery lead time.
- If, due to prior notification from the Buyer, that a smaller vehicle or specialist vehicle is required to complete the delivery, the Company reserve the right to charge the Buyer for the additional costs involved.
- It is the Companies expectation that the Buyer or the Buyers representative, will be available to sign for the goods at the point of delivery. If goods are delivered without a signature the responsibility for checking the goods is that of the Buyer. If, for whatever reason, the delivery cannot be made due to the Buyer or the Buyers representative not being present or available on the agreed delivery date, the Company reserves the right to pass any re-delivery costs incurred to the Buyer, before a further delivery can be attempted. Please Note: Due to Insurance and Health & Safety regulations, neither New Edge Interiors(Retail) Ltd staff, nor the representatives of our Delivery Companies are able to take any goods into a Customers property.
- Before fixing, the Buyer should ensure that they are satisfied that the goods supplied, are correct to the original order. All items should be thoroughly unpacked and inspected as soon as possible. Should you have any queries or questions at this stage, relating to the supply, damage, shading or any other fault, please contact our Customer Service Team on 0121 709 0901 . If for any reason the Company deliver a part order with a balance to follow, we strongly recommend that no tiles are fixed until the order is complete. The Company has no control over manufacturers delivery times, shades, nominal sizing or the discontinuance of stocked lines.
- The Company must be notified by email, facsimile or in writing, within a maximum of 2 working days from delivery relating to any claims by the Buyer relating to any shortage or damage to goods in transit. Failure to communicate problems may result in additional costs for re-supply being incurred and may also increase the re-delivery lead time. Upon any damages being reported we may request the Buyer to supply images of the damage along with a completed claims form. The Company is unable to alter existing invoices, including changes to (although not exclusively) values, items and billing/delivery addresses. If the order is to be placed via telephone, our sales coordinators will be happy to assist you in any way they can, prior to payment being taken.
- If the Buyer cancels the order after despatch, but before physical delivery, the Buyer will be expected to accept delivery of the goods and take responsibility for the return of the goods to the Company. A Full refund will be issued for the Goods and the original Delivery charge once the goods have been received and inspected by the Company, as being in a resalable condition. The Company will not accept under any circumstances the cost for delivering, or re-packaging of the goods.
- The Buyer can within 7 (seven) working days of receipt, cancel their order. Cancellations should be made either in writing, by email to Info@newedgeinteriors.co.uk or via telephone, to our Customer Services Team : 0121 729 0901 . The Customer does not need to give a reason, however, a brief outlined explanation will help us to improve our Customer Service in the future. If the Customer decides to cancel the order, a replacement will be offered if this is not accepted then FULL refund for the GOODS, minus original DELIVERY charge may be issued if the goods are returned in the original packaging and are undamaged. If the goods are not in the original packaging for whatever reason a refund cannot be given. If the order is cancelled, the goods must be returned to the Company, The cost for returning the goods is the responsibility of the Buyer. However, if the Customer returns the goods themselves to the Company, the Company will not re-imburse any costs incurred the cost of returning the goods.
- The goods must arrive in a resalable condition, therefore the Buyer, before returning the goods must ensure that the packaging is suitable for the safe return of the product. The cost for any additional packaging will be the responsibility of the Buyer.
- The Buyer should return goods using conventional haulage and should not use Express or Special Transportation services, unless specifically agreed with the Company, in writing, prior to the goods being returned.
- If the original packaging has been opened or is deemed by the Buyer to require improvement, to allow the safe return of the goods, it is the responsibility of the Buyer to complete a re-packing exercise, at their cost. The Company will not accept any costs for the re-packing of goods, in any circumstances.
- Refunds for cancellations will only be processed once the goods have arrived with the Company and have been fully inspected and deemed to be in a resalable condition. The Company reserve the right to amend the amount refunded based on the value of the resalable goods.
- Refunds will be processed as a priority, however, dependent upon circumstances, the administration may take up to 5 working days to complete. The maximum time period to refund any monies will not exceed 60 Days from the receipt of goods. Additionally, please note, any monies paid back to Credit / Debit cards may take a further 3-5 days to show on Customers statements. – However, it may be possible to improve on these timings by contacting your Bank / Card account company.
- After 7 (seven) working days from delivery, if the Buyer wishes to cancel the order, this action will be considered to be a ‘Return’ and be covered by our Returns Policy – see below.
As well as our 60-day refund and returns, we are proud to offer a 90 day exchange period. This means that even after 60 days, you are still able to return any unwanted tiles back to us within 90 days of your original purchase date for a tile exchange. If you’ve had a rethink about your tiles or change of heart about your style, you have 90 days to let us know and we’ll provide you with an exchange for your preferred tiles.
Please ensure your unwanted tiles are returned:
Unused & Uninstalled
All purchased tiles from New Edge Interiors(Retail) Ltd have not been used. All tiles have not been previously installed or fixed.
In Good Condition
All tiles are in a good condition, suitable for resale.
All tiles are in their original tile packaging.
The tiles must be returned in the original packaging to our main distribution warehouse. Please contact us prior to sending or delivering an exchange to us so we can book this in for you. The customer will be responsible for arranging the return of the goods (non-refundable) to: New Edge Interiors(Retail) Ltd, Collets House Solihull B91 2JU, during regular opening times and the customer will be responsible for arranging transport and insurance of goods. This must be done within 90 days of receiving the order. Unfortunately we do not accept exchanges on adhesives and grouts, only tiles. We do not accept exchanges on clearance and job lot items. Exchanges will be processed within 7 working days following our receipt of the return, original delivery costs will not be refunded.
Here at New Edge Interiors(Retail) Ltd, we have a team of dedicated professional tile fitters. In fact, our team can install your kitchen, bathroom or living areas. Any modernising that you require we can help with.
Installing new Tiles can really transform your home in one easy step. Call to our showroom, pick your tiles and arrange a site survey and fitting date. We will look after the rest.
Whether you want to transform your bathroom into a calming seaside oasis, your kitchen into a country farmhouse, or your living space into a Georgian Emporium, we can help you achieve your perfect look. The opportunities are endless, as are the styles you could choose.
We have the largest selection of ceramic and porcelain tiles in store in Solihull. Come and visit our showroom now to see our massive range.
Our expert fitters will survey your property and give written assurances on dates for surveying, fitting, costings and materials required, which we supply. All, so that you are fully informed of all details ahead of our installation team turning up at your door. We make the process as pain-free and seamless as possible.
Our fitters can also install underfloor heating for any of your living areas at a surprisingly affordable cost. Ask our salespeople in-store or fill in the online form below to arrange a call-back to discuss your project.
So whether your project is a small internal bathroom, a large family kitchen or an outdoor patio area, we can supply and fit your new tiles, transforming the look of the space that you have.
Call in or contact us now, so we can get your project underway and your home transformed.